PLEASE REMEMBER THAT ALL LOCATIONS ARE CLOSED ON WEDNESDAYS
Please be advised that the Revenue Commissioner’s Office location at Michael Square is currently open to the public during regular business hours, 7am to 5pm Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday. We are following recommended guidelines related to social distancing and cleaning for your safety. All branch locations remain closed until further notice.
Please contact our office at (251) 574-8530 for current availability and/or a price quote. List is updated every Friday for available tax liens for purchase. Highlighted matching parcels must be purchased at the same time to secure the lien.
Upcoming Holiday Closures
Labor Day – Monday, September 7, 2020
NOTICE TO PROPERTY OWNERS and OCCUPANTS: In accordance with Alabama Law (Section 40-7-74 and Section (40-2-11), please be advised that a member of the Mobile County Appraisal Staff may visit your property to review or update property information. The purpose of this visit may be in response to one or more of the following: a return was filed, an appeal was filed, recent improvements or additions were made to the property or a general review.
One goal of the Mobile County Revenue Commissioner’s Office is to provide the people of Mobile County with a website that is easy to use. You can search our site for a wealth of information on any property in Mobile County.
Please note that the Commissioner’s Office establishes values and collects property taxes. The Mobile County Revenue Commissioner’s Office should be contacted with tax bill related questions.
The employees of the Revenue Commissioner’s Office, strive for excellence in service to all citizens.
- We will provide the most effective and user friendly service to the public and the agencies we serve.
- We strive to strengthen our organization by promoting the professional growth of our staff through job satisfaction and well being.
- We accept personal accountability for our actions in the collection, assessing, mapping and appraisal of property within Mobile County.
- We will be leaders in providing the finest products and services by:
- Implementing proven information technology
- Rewarding creative thinking
- Career enhancement
- Innovation in training and education
- Flexibility and teamwork
- Our organization is strengthened by sharing and promoting human values including:
- Develop a quality product based on adherence to professional standards and the provisions of law pertaining to the department.
- Maintain accurate mapping, appraisal and assessing procedures.
- Provide timely collection and disbursement of ad valorem taxes on all real and personal property.
- Provide training, technology and other resources necessary to enable employees to achieve professional excellence.
Did you Know…
In Alabama, property taxes are a source of stable and dependable funding for a number of public services. In Mobile County, almost 47% of the property taxes collected are for public education. The balance is distributed among agencies that provide public safety, fire protection, public health, the construction and maintenance of roads, bridges, and other public services dedicated to preserve and improve our county’s infrastructure.
The Revenue Commissioner’s Office is charged with the mapping, appraisal, assessing, and collection of ad valorem taxes in Mobile County. In addition to granting tax exemptions to those who qualify, the Revenue Commissioner disburses collected monies to state and county government agencies who are entitled to a share.
Since 2003, we have accomplished much in our overall plan to provide more convenience in paying and assessing property taxes. Payments may now be made online using this site. You may search for specific tax information, view maps, or obtain and ask for general information concerning property tax in Alabama.
Our main office is located at 3925 Michael Square, Suite G on the corner of Michael Boulevard and Azalea Road. This office is centrally located and offers ample free parking and handicap access. We continue to provide satellite offices in downtown Mobile, Theodore, Eight Mile and Citronelle to aid taxpayers in all of Mobile County.
As your Revenue Commissioner, it is my mission to administer the State Tax Law of Alabama as it relates to property tax in Mobile County and provide effective, friendly, and professional customer service to the public. As part of that service, I hope that you find this website a useful tool.
It is a pleasure to serve you,
Mobile County Revenue Commission